Senators who Shot Down CRA
There was a lot of heat yesterday at the senate as senators debated about the CRA bill which had adopted the ‘one man one shilling’ slogan.
According to the motion, more resources were to be allocated in those areas with densely population, something President Uhuru Kenyatta supported.
The motion however died after 25 senators voted a NO while 22 senators voted a YES.
1. Sen. Fatuma Dullo (Jubilee)
2. Sen. Ibrahim Ali (Jubilee)
3. Sen. Issa Juma (Jubilee)
4. Sen. Hajj Moh’d Yussuf (Jubilee)
5. Sen. Hargura Godana (Jubilee)
6. Sen. Ekal Malachi (ODM)
7. Sen. Boniface Kabaka (Wiper)
8. Sen. George Khaniri (ANC)
9. Sen. Sam Ongeri (ODM)
10. Sen. Stewart Mazdayo (ODM)
11. Sen. Cleophas Malala (ANC)
12. Sen. Eric Mogeni (ODM)
13. Sen. Mutula Kilonzo (Wiper)
14. Sen. Johnes Mwaruma (ODM)
15. Sen. Mwinyihaji Faki (ODM)
16. Sen. Ledama Ole Kina (ODM)
17. Sen. Sakaja Johnson (Jubilee)
18. Sen. Enoch Wambua (Wiper)
19. Sen. Kindiki Kithure (Jubilee)
20. Sen. Lelegwe Ltumbesi (Jubilee)
21. Sen. Anwar Loitiptip (Jubilee)
22. Sen. Mahamud Mohamed (Jubilee)
23. Sen. Wario Juma (Jubilee)
24. Sen. Philip Mpaayei (Jubilee)
25. Sen. Kipchumba Murkomen (Jubilee)
Many of the legislators who opposed the motion represent expansive regions that are sparsely populated and had been perceived as losers in the revenue formula.