Hello, welcome to Machakos County.
Machakos County, nicknamed ‘Macha,’ was the first capital city of Kenya and now, it is an administrative county in Kenya. Machakos Town is the administrative capital of the county. Machakos has eight constituencies including
- Machakos Town
The County has a total Population of 1,098,584 people and it covers an area of 6,208 SQ. KM.
Some of the strengths of Machakos County are;
- Closeness to Nairobi County which is the capital city of the country
- Availability of massive Arable Land
- Strong Gender Supporting NGOs
- Well endowed with natural capital including livestock, minerals, wild game, tourists attraction sites, rangeland and space
- A resilient local community with a developed mechanism of survival
The County is under the leadership of the youthful and energetic Governor, Dr Alfred Mutua
Select your constituency to view your leaders